We very much look forward to welcoming you to Abingdon on 9th April for the Abingdon Rowing Club Spring Head 2017.
Sunday 9th April 2017, 2000m upstream on the River Thames, Rye Farm Meadow, Abingdon.
Organised by Abingdon RC under British Rowing Rules and raced over 4 divisions, entry fee £10.00 a seat (coxes are free). Local rules may apply.
Entries open via British Rowing Thursday 16th February 2017, and will close 6pm Friday 31st March 2017 or when we reach capacity, whichever is the sooner.*
* Please ensure that you have read and understood our entry notes:
- Entries to be made by BROE only
- This year's event will be run in line with the new competition framework using the Personal Ranking Index (PRI) system. For information on this system please visit British Rowing.
- Junior and Masters events remain unchanged from previous years
- Banding for Senior events will be announced after entries are closed and the draw is completed
- If there are not enough entries in any one event, crews will be rounded up to the nearest appropriate status. Crews must mark on the entry form if they are not willing to move into the next status category
- Junior entries J13 and above - no J11/J12 or younger
- If there are not enough Junior entries in any one category, crews may be moved up an age category or will be entered in the appropriate Senior event. Please indicate on the entry if you would prefer not be moved up into another age category and/or Senior event
- Masters events (A and above) will be offered but may run with handicaps
- Masters Novice events will be available but with no age range or handicaps
- Prizes will be awarded to the winning crew in events in which 3 or more crews are competing
- Priority will be given to crews where entry is paid. Entry is not guaranteed until payment is received Payment to be made by BROE only
- Maximum 90 boats per division - when the entry for a particular division is full, it will be suspended
- Racing in all events may take place across all divisions with no account taken of possible changes in river or weather conditions during the day
- The draw will take place on the afternoon of 2nd April 2017. It is anticipated that the draw will be published on the head.abingdonrc.org.uk website by Weds 6th April 2017.
- Fees must be fully paid and boats in safe condition in order to obtain boat numbers on the day
- Entries withdrawn after 18:00hrs on Friday 31st March 2017 will not receive a refund
- Entries withdrawn before 18:00hrs on Friday 31st March 2017 will receive a full refund
- If the event is cancelled or curtailed because of weather conditions or other reasons reasonably outside the ARC Head Committee's control, affected entries will receive a partial refund taking account of event costs incurred. This decision is at the sole discretion of the ARC Head Committee
- The ARC Committee can accept no liability for competitors' vehicles, boats, trailers and/or equipment
Full and final results will be published on race day.
Division start times:
- Division 1 - 09.30
- Division 2 - 11.45
- Division 3 - 14.00
- Division 4 - 16.15